NG-MScan2 is an M-Bus scanner distributed for free to customer using the Engiby M-Bus driver. It can be downloaded from this site and installed as PG5 2.x Add-on tool or stand-alone.
The NG-MScan2 software allows you to scan an M-Bus network or to set the primary M-Bus address via a Saia PCD® equipped with either:
- a PCD2/3.F27x(x) module
- an RS232 or RS485 M-Bus level converter or
- an IP M-Bus level converter
Alternatively the M-Bus can be scanned with a Micro-Master-USB from Relay or an RS232 M-Bus level converter directly connected to the Laptop or PC.
With the help of NG-MScan2, M-Bus devices can be found on the bus, their values can be read, viewed and this information can be saved to a file. The collected data supports Engiby to realize a suitable FBox in the M-Bus library or to adapt an existing one. NG-MScan2 can also help to find and read particular values with the FBoxes ‘Single values’ or ‘Additional values’.
The verison 2.0.037 can be downloaded using this link.
- Download the Setup with the link above.
- Start the Setup and follow the instructions.
- When you are prompted to install PG5 Add-On-Tool, select the suitable PG5 version(s) and click Install Add-on Tool before to continue.
(PG5 versions prior than 2.0 are not supported)
- Restart PG5 for registering the Add-on tool
For instructions how to access the M-Bus over the Saia PCD or directly via a level converter please consult the online help of the tool (look out for the "How to" sections).
In order to work with NG-MScan2 the following requirements need to be met:
- PG5 2.0 or more recent (for PG5 2.3 the version 2.0.036 from NG-MScan2 is required)
- Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- M-Bus FBox library version 2.6.205 or more recent (2.7.218 for the use with an IP level converter)
- Please consider that implementing an M-Bus using NG-MScan2 does not warrantee a success in all cases. An M-Bus device may need particular initialization procedure, special reading sequence or even require some configuration commands.
It may be necessary to send a test device to Engiby with a description of its M-Bus implementation in order to read it correctly.
- NG-MScan2 is distributed *as is* without any warrantee. Engiby does not take any responsibility for the use of this software.
Known restrictions of the version 2.0.036
- “Set Address” function (via primary or secondary address) requires version 2.7.525 of the M-Bus FBox library
- Reading of devices which need configuration telegrams (SND_UD) is not yet supported.
- Devices can only be read by their primary address